Career options and Courses in B.sc Botany | Scope in B.sc Botany | Wide scope in B.sc Botany | Courses available in B.sc Botany
Scope in B.sc Botany
BOTANY- Botany is the scientific study of plant life, including the life of some things, such as fungus, which aren’t really considered plants anymore. The structure, properties, life processes, classifications, diseases, and environmental impacts and interactions are all included in botanical science. Botany is a branch of biology, which is the study of living organisms. The person who studies Botany is known as Botanist.
A lot of the earth is covered with plant life that gives us oxygen, food supplies, and many other necessities. This teeming greenery all over the world carries an unimaginable variety of designs, colors, lifestyles, and uses; and the botanist studies all of those things.
B.Sc. Botany (Bachelor of Science in Botany)– B.sc Botany is an undergraduate Botany course.Botany, plant science or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines concerned with the study of plants, algae and fungi, including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups.
Bachelor of Science in Botany is of three years duration course and the syllabus for the course is divided into six semesters. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest sciences.
B.sc Botany Eligibility criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for aspiring candidates to apply in B.Sc Botany courses:
- The aspiring candidates must have completed his/her intermediate (10+2) studies.
- The Candidates must have studied English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology at an intermediate level.
- The minimum percentage required in 10+2 may vary college wise.
- The range of percentage required for admission is 55% to 60%
Courses in Botany
(A) Bachelor Degree Courses Available
- Bachelor in Science (B.Sc. Botany)
- Bachelor in Science (B.Sc. Plant Biology)
- Bachelor in Science (B.Sc. Plant Biotechnology)
(B) Master Degree Courses Available
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Botany
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Botany (Hons.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Applied Botany
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Botany and Forestry
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Herbal Science
- Master of Philosophy (M Phil) in Botany
- Master of Philosophy (M Phil) in Life Sciences (Botany)
- Post-Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Life Science
- Post-Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Medical Botany
- Post-Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Plant Biodiversity
- Post-Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Plant Tissue Culture
(C) Doctorate Degree Course Available
- Ph.D in Botany
- Ph.D in Life Science (Botany)
Skills required to be a Botanist
- Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
OUR RECENT POSTS
- हमने कई कदम उठाये ,पर बीजेपी पर सवाल क्यों नहीं। कांग्रेस के आंतरिक मामले पर बोलेराहुल गाँधी
- UP Police SI Recruitment | Uttar Pradesh Sub Inspector Vacancy For 9534 Post
- Rajsthan RVUNL vacancy AE/JE | Rajsthan assistant Engineer / Junior Engineer Apply for 1075 Post
- RBI Office Attendant Recruitment | RBI Vacancy 2021 for 841 post
- Bihar Constable Fireman Recruitment | CSBC Constable Recruitment 2021 Apply Online
How is B.Sc. Botany Course Beneficial?
- There exists a lot of scope after B.Sc. in Botany, for instance, a student can apply for higher studies like M.Sc. Botany, M.Phil. programs or students who are interested in management jobs can also apply for MBA programs, students interested in the teaching profession can opt for B.Ed. degree.
- Job opportunities are also wide as research organizations, herbal products companies, farm management organizations; biotechnology firms always require the services of botany students.
- After having passed the degree course plant scientists can work in the State Departments, Botanical Survey of India, and Environmental Protection Agency, etc.
- Applicants also can work in administration and marketing for biological supply houses, seed companies, biotechnology firms and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Job roles for Botanist
There is so much wide scope in the field of botany such as:
- Plant Biochemist
- Weed Scientist
- Plant Researcher
- Plant Pathologist
- Consultant in Farming
Ecologist: An ecologist realises the environmental threats to plants and trees and acts towards climatical control and protection of plant species. They play a major role in protecting the ecosystem.
Florist A florist is a professional who specialises in the sale of flowers and making bouquets They are usually engaged with companies involved with floristry or work with the retail firm or wholesale market,
Taxonomist: A taxonomist identifies and classifies plant species. Classification is done on the basis of various physical and biological characteristics of plants.
Agriculturist: An Agriculturist develop and produce disease-resistant crops for consumption humans and also find pest and weed control solutions for crops.
Researcher: Some botanists work in laboratories as a researcher. They perform experiments associated with plant species.
- Anugrah Narayan College, Patna
- CM Dubey Post Graduate College, Bilaspur
- Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU, Delhi
- Jamshedpur co-operative university