Career opportunities in Bachelor of Architecture | Scope in B.Arch | Job opportunities in B.Arch | Top institutes for B.Arch
Scope in B.Arch
B.ARCH- BACHELOR IN ARCHITECTURE– Architecture career is one of most challenging, fascinating and inspirational. Career in Architecture is very attractive, lucrative, and has lots of potential in terms of development and creativity. An architect work closely with clients and users to design new buildings or complete extensions or alterations to existing ones, ensuring that they are safe, cost-effective and functional.
Architecture careers includes so much things some of them are as follows:
- Building architecture – designing new buildings, or adapting existing ones.
- Landscape architecture – planning, designing and managing open spaces, including both natural and urban areas.
- Naval architecture – The architecture works of ships and marine vessels.
This course consists of various aspects of different streams of humanities, engineering, aesthetics, etc. The B.Arch syllabus consists of various theory subjects, studio, project work, practical training, and research training.
According to current demand for architects, India needs more than 10,000 trained professionals in various government and private organizations. Whereas qualified architects coming from top notch architecture colleges are placed in various real estate developing companies, the government jobs are filled by various examinations conducted each year at the national level. Professionally trained and qualified architects have plenty of options working with consultancy companies, architect firms, universities, etc.
|COURSE NAME||Bachelor in Architecture|
|COURSE DURATION||5 years|
|ADMISSION PROCESS||Entrace based exam|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Minimum 50% marks in class 12 or Class 10 + Diploma from a recognized college|
|AVERAGE COURSE FEES||INR 4-8 Lakhs|
The Bachelor of Architecture is a 5 years duration course and to get admission in the Bachelor of Architecture, students must fulfill the following Eligiblity:
- Students should have completed Class 12 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks along with the compulsory subjects (PCM).
- The pass percentage for the reserved category is 45%( that is a 5% relaxation).
- Students should have completed a Class 10+ 3 year diploma course in any stream from a recognized university/ board/ institution.
- Cleared NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) with the 80% marks conducted by Council of Architecture(CoA)
Some colleges take admission on the basis of other architectural entrance exams as well, so it is not compulsory to give NATA. But you must prepare and give this exam if you want to take admission in best B.Arch colleges in India.
OUR RECENT POSTS
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro
- Internship Jobs l PwC
List of Entrance exams
|B.ARCH ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS:|
|1. JEE MAINS|
|4. TS B.ARCH|
|5. TNEA B.ARCH|
Career opportunities in Architecture
- Landscape Architect: Designing outdoor landscapes, including infrastructure, public areas, agriculture and forestry is vital for constructing the webs that bind our urban and rural spaces, but also, and perhaps more importantly, it’s essential for responding to globalization and climate change. Landscape architects are involved in storm water management, environmental restoration, and recreational areas among other things. If you enjoy working with and in the natural environment, this could be the path for you.
- Research Architect: With the current wave of digital design and constant advancement of digital tools, our methods of representation and expression are changing dramatically. Information technology has had a profound impact upon architecture that is far from over. These constant improvements are in part made possible by the exciting research being done by architects, not necessarily consisting of designing buildings, but focusing more on how these new tools can enhance our work.
- Political Architect: Some argue that architecture is by nature political, however being active in the political decision of a city or country is a different story. Architecture is more than just creating beautiful objects; the discipline has a value in organizing society. Architecture firm Terror, for example, has worked with the Burnie City Council as well as with the Parramatta City Council in Australia, to argue for a certain structure for the city, to predict what may happen, and to design a set of criteria for the evolution of the city. It is a case of architecture influencing politics, instead of the other way around.
- Industrial Designer :Several architecture firms have branched into industrial design sector, due to their close creative ties. However, industrial design are basically focus on smaller scale objects of mass production, as opposed to large-scale buildings designed for a specific context. If the prospect of designing something enormous, permanent, and landscape changing sounds all too intimidating, industrial design is a great, smaller scaled alternative.
Top B.Arch Colleges
- IIT Roorkee
- Manipal University
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- BMS College of Architecture
- School of Planning and Architecture