Career and Courses in B.A History | Scope in B.A History | Courses available after B.A History | Scope in B.A History | Top colleges for B.A History
Scope in B.A History
History is the knowledge of and study of the past. History gives us a very clear picture of how the various aspects of society . It is the story of the past and a form of collective memory. History is the story of who we are, where we come from, and can potentially reveal where we are headed. History is important to study because it is essential for all of us in understanding ourselves and the world around us. There is a history of every field and topic, from medicine, to music, to art. To know and understand history is absolutely necessary, even though the results of historical study are not as visible, and less immediate.
B.A History- Bachelor of Arts in History or B.A History is a three-year undergraduate degree programme that teaches the students how human civilization evolved to the present time from the prehistoric times. Throughout the duration of the programme, the students get to know about the global and Indian major historical events. By the end of the course, a History graduate has more than just knowledge about culture and society and what are those factors which propel the development of a civilization namely power, religion, economy, culture etc.
Candidates seeking admission to BA History course need to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria provided below:
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST Category) marks from a recognized board.
- Students must have studied English as a compulsory subject in Class 12.
Admission to the BA History program begins after the declaration of Class 12 examination results. Aspirants are required to fill application forms for respective universities. After the ending of the application process, colleges/ universities release cut off marks or percentage for students seeking admission to BA History course. However, some universities also conduct entrance examinations for admission to BA History courses.
BA History Entrance Exams– IPU CET, JNUEE, DSAT
OUR RECENT POSTS
- हमने कई कदम उठाये ,पर बीजेपी पर सवाल क्यों नहीं। कांग्रेस के आंतरिक मामले पर बोलेराहुल गाँधी
- UP Police SI Recruitment | Uttar Pradesh Sub Inspector Vacancy For 9534 Post
- Rajsthan RVUNL vacancy AE/JE | Rajsthan assistant Engineer / Junior Engineer Apply for 1075 Post
- RBI Office Attendant Recruitment | RBI Vacancy 2021 for 841 post
- Bihar Constable Fireman Recruitment | CSBC Constable Recruitment 2021 Apply Online
Courses available after B.A History
- Master of Arts in History of Indian Art and Culture
- Master of Arts in History and Culture
- Master of Arts in History and Archaeology
- Master of Arts in Islamic History and Culture
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in History of Art
- Master of Philosophy in History
- Master of Arts in Ancient HistoryMaster of Arts in History of Fine Arts
- Master of Visual History of Art
- Master of Philosophy in Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology
- Master of Philosophy in History
- Master of Philosophy in History and Archaeology
- Doctor of Philosophy in History (Medieval and Modern)
- Doctor of Philosophy in History and Archaeology
- Doctor of Philosophy in History
- Doctor of Philosophy in History of Arts
- Doctor of Philosophy in Ancient Indian History, Culture and Architecture
- Doctor of Philosophy in Ancient History
Scope in B.A History
On completion of the BA History course, candidates can opt for a wide range of professions.With the help of a BA History degree, students will be able to make their careers in the field of History. They can easily get a job as an Archaeologist or a Historian on completion of this course. The career scope is rising at a fast pace and will also continue to do so in the near future.There are numerous areas both in the private as well as in the public sector where a BA History graduate may start working. Students can also opt for a career as a History teacher in schools and other institutes.
On completion of the BA History program, students can find jobs in multiple private and public sector organizations. Some of the fields which offer employment to BA History graduates are as follows:
- Public Service
- Private Sector
- Travel and Tourism
- BPO/ KPO
- Archaeologist– The job of an Archaeologist is to study human history and prehistory by doing excavation of sites and the analysis of ancient remains and artifacts.
- Historian– A Historian is a person who studies and writes about the past. They are basically known for representing history in a methodological and narrative manner.
- Auctioneer– An Auctioneer is a person who manages an auction and is known for presenting the objects for bidding.
- Teacher -On completion of the BA History program, one can opt for a job as a History Teacher and helps students in understanding the History of India and the World.
- Travel and Tourism Expert– With an extensive knowledge of History and Historical Monuments, a history graduate can work as a travel expert for tourist places of historical importance. A Travel expert earns also a good amount of salary.
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Jai Hind College, Mumbai