Career in a Event Manager. If you’re looking for a job that’s full of creativity, variety and exciting opportunities, you may be considering event management as a career option. Perhaps, you’ve already taken the first steps in your events career. For the right person, event management offers fantastic opportunities including travel, experience and progression.
Eligibility to become Event Manager
Candidates can pursue diploma/degree/certificate as per their career interest and they must have passed class 12th with any set of subjects and for master’s program candidates must have a valid score of entrance exams such as CAT, MAT etc.
Graduate Degree Courses:
- For BBA and BA courses in event management candidates must have passed class 12th with minimum 50% marks
- Admissions are mostly done on the basis of merit which is prepared on the basis of class 12th board exam results. However, some universities may take a basic aptitude test as part of the selection process.
Diploma, Certificate and PG Courses:
- For diploma//certificate in event management courses candidate must have 45% aggregate in class 12th marks.
- You can apply for PG Diploma courses after pursuing graduation (any field) with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Admission to PGDM and PGPM programmes is done on the basis of national level entrance exams such as CAT, MAT etc.
Duty of Event manager:-
Event Manager is responsible for planning and organising professional and other events for a particular set of audience. The job of the Event Manager involves visualising the concept, planning, budgeting and organising various events such as conferences, concerts, stage shows, seminars, weddings, theme parties, product launch parties, exhibitions, corporate seminars and others.
Tasks and duties :-
- Liaising with clients to understand their needs and establishing the aims and agenda of the event.
- Researching elements related to particular events, such as lighting, styling, food and venues.
- Ensuring that staff for the event are hired, supervised and briefed.
- Monitoring the event as it’s taking place and resolving issues if they arise.
Skills and Attributes :-
An event manager should have good communication skills, be confident of accepting challenges and an ability to understand and react properly to a given situation. He must have creativity and organizational skills. Team spirit and leadership skills are the other prerequisites. They also need to look into every minute details of the event.
- Excellent organisation
- The ability to multitask
- Good communication and people skills
- Have a creative approach to problem-solving
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good negotiation, sales and marketing skills
- Budget awareness
- High degree of energy
- PR skills are a great bonus
Career in a Event Manager ; Salary
Remuneration in this field fluctuates according to the type of the event that is managed. The sky is the limit for a successful event manager. While after a course in event management, a fresher can start his/her career with Rs.500-1000 per day, the starting salary for professionals in corporate sector can be anywhere between Rs.10,000 and Rs. 15,000. Once an event manger attains experience in the field, he/she can command fees from Rs.50, 000 to Rs.1 lakh or above per event depending on his/her client.
Event Management Institutes/Universities
- Amity Institute of Event Management
- Institute of Tourism & Future Management Trends (ITFT)
- The International Center for Event Marketing & Management (ICEM)
- Event Management Development Institute
- I.E.S. Management College
- International Institute of Event Management
- National Institute of Event Management
- National Institute for Media Studies (NIMS)
OUR LATEST POSTS
- Genpact Recruitment 2022 | Genpact customer service jobs
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro