Career Scope in Petroleum Engineering | Wide Scope in Petroleum Engineering | Courses available in petroleum engineering
Wide Scope in Petroleum Engineering
“Petroleum engineering is a combination of innovation, exploration and expansion“. This major provides the building blocks for every other profession to effectively carry out its work. Petroleum engineering overlaps with many of the engineering disciplines, such as: mechanical, chemical, and civil engineering. The person who involves himself in petroleum engineering is known as Petroleum Engineers (also known as a gas engineer) .
For more Latest news:- click here
Using mathematics, physics, and geology, petroleum engineers are able to address and solve important issues that will lead to energy security and thus are in high demand. They also decide how to stimulate an underperforming well. They develop new drilling tools and techniques, and find new ways to extract remaining oil and gas from older wells. There are many petroleum companies operating worldwide, which creates a better opportunity for Petroleum Engineers. These engineers develop new technology for the production of hydrocarbons from oil shale and offshore oil and gas fields.
WHAT DOES PETROLEUM ENGINEER DO?
Petroleum engineers evaluate oil and gas reservoirs to determine their profitability. They examine the geology of future drilling sites to plan the safest and most efficient method of drilling and recovering oil. They manage the installation, maintenance, and operation of equipment. Petroleum engineers usually specialize in a particular aspect of drilling operations.
join our Facebook Page for more latest news and Job Updates please click here
Petroleum engineers are vital to today’s economies. They make the drilling process safer for people, communities, wildlife, and the environment. They also make it more efficient, and prices more affordable for customers. They ensure compliance with best practices, industry standards, and environmental and safety regulations, and contribute to energy independence.
Courses available in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Petrochemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Applied Petroleum Engineering
- B.Tech in Petroleum Refinery Engineering
- B.Tech in Petroleum Reservoir and Production Engineering
- M.E./M.Tech in Petroleum Exploration
- M.Tech Petroleum Refinery Engineering
- M.Tech in Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Engineering
- PhD in Petroleum Engineering
Eligibility criteria for the courses
FOR DIPLOMA COURSES- The eligibility for the diploma course in petroleum engineering is a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the Class 10 board examination. The required percentage of marks is relaxed for SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
FOR UNDER-GRADUATE COURSES- The minimum eligibility into government colleges is 75% in Class 12 with the subjects Maths, Physics and Chemistry. However, some have the eligibility as 60% in both Class 10 and Class 12 from the recognised Examination Board. The eligibility is reduced by 5% for SC/ST/PwD category students. The requirements also vary greatly for private colleges.
FOR POST-GRADUATE COURSES- The postgraduate (M.Tech) petroleum engineering course(s) has the minimum requirements for admission. The eligibility criteria include an undergraduate B.E or B.Tech degree with a minimum of first-class (60%) marks or 6.0 (out of 10.0) Grade Point Average (GPA) in the disciplines of Petroleum Engineering from an AICTE approved institution or Parliamentary Act approved central or state university.
Some universities give admission on the basis of Entrance Exam. List of entrance exams are as follows:
OUR RECENT POSTS
- Genpact Recruitment 2022 | Genpact customer service jobs
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro
- Analysing geological data
- Interpreting well-logging results (records of the geological formations penetrated by boreholes) to ascertain resource potential
- Ascertaining extraction risks, such as the area’s potential for earthquakes
- Planning and supervising extraction sites
- Selecting and maintaining equipment
- Monitoring and evaluating reservoir performance
- Preparing reports and maps
- Developing oilfield production programmes
- Using specialist computer applications and mathematical models to maximise production.
Reservoir Engineers- Their job role is to estimate how much oil or gas can be recovered from underground deposits, known as reservoirs. They perform various research related to reservoirs’ and explore different methods which will help to extract most oil or gas out of the reservoirs. They also monitor operations to ensure that optimal levels of these resources are being recovered.
Drilling Engineers- They explore and determine different ways to drill oil or gas wells. Their job involves multiple roles as they have to take into account a number of factors such as capital, safety, security, efficiency and that whether it is environmentally friendly or not. They also ensure that the drilling process is safe, efficient, and minimally disruptive to the environment.
Production Engineers- Production engineers work closely with drilling engineers as they take over the wells after the drilling is completed. They mainly monitor wells’ oil and gas production and to explore different options to increase the amount of oil and gas being extracted.
Completion Engineers- They look for different ways to finish building wells so that oil or gas will flow up from the underground. They oversee work to complete the building of wells—a project that might involve the use of tubing, hydraulic fracturing, or pressure-control techniques.
Top companies recruiting Petroleum Engineers
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Essar Oil
- Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd (HOEC)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Amity University, Noida
- SRM University, Amaravati
- Indian Institute of Technology , Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
For latest news and Job updates you can Join us on Whatsapp :- click here
Also for latest news and Job updates you can Join us on Telegram also :- Click Here
For More latest News and Job Updates Please Click here