Career as a Electronics Engineer | What is Electronics Engineering? | Scope of Electrponics Engineering | Top colleges of Electronics Engineering
What is Electronics Engineering?
Electronic Engineering is a branch of engineering that involves the study of the electromagnetic spectrum. Electronic Engineering is a professional discipline that includes the study of electronics, electricity and others. Electronics engineering is a form of engineering associated with electronic circuits, devices and the equipment and systems that use them. “Electronic engineering is all about creativity”.
Who is Electronic Engineer? – The Electronic Engineer is a person who can design, develop, supervise and test the manufacturing of various electrical equipment such as motors, navigations systems, automobiles, aircraft, power generation equipment, and many others. An Electronic Engineer can choose from various fields such as cell phones, computers, electronic gadgets, power plants, navigation systems and others.
FOR DEGREE COURSES–
- 10+2 Science stream with compulsory subjects’ Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Minimum of 50% marks are the required passing marks to be eligible for Electronic Engineering diploma, UG, PG or doctorate course
- Entrance examinations such as JEE, AIEEE and others are conducted at the national level and state level
- Some of the colleges opt for the Common Entrance Test (CET) as well
- Admissions to any course of Electronic Engineering is completely merit-based
- Masters degree can be pursued after completion of B.E. or B.Tech with a minimum 50% aggregate marks in the finals
- A doctorate can be pursued after completion of post-graduation
A career as an electronics engineer can lead in many directions and the long-term opportunities are excellent. For those with strong initiative, interpersonal, teamwork and project management skills, opportunities exist to move into managerial and consulting roles.
Key skills of Electronics Engineer
- Complex problem-solving skills and a methodical mind
- Critical thinking
- Strong interest in technology
- Aptitude for maths
- Communications skills
- Strong IT skills
- Time management and an ability to prioritise and plan work effectively
OUR RECENT POSTS
- COWI Recruitment 2021 for Engineering Trainee | Check out here
- Central government withdraws decision to reduce interest rates on small savings | Check out here
- Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2021 : Recruitment for 511 posts | know details here
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 : Notification Out For Skilled/ Semi Skilled/ Unskilled Manpower Posts; Check out Here
- Career opportunities in Banking | Check out here
Duties of electronics engineer
Duties for an electronics engineer include:
- Using a mix of science and maths, along with engineering techniques, to design, produce, install and maintain telecommunications systems.
- Designing and managing equipment used to control and monitor processes, systems and machinery in many different areas.
- Using and designing systems to control pressures and temperatures and to manage waste in manufacturing industries.
- Writing specifications and drawing up theoretical designs to create user-friendly interfaces.
- Planning projects and preparing and managing budgets.
- Writing technical reports and keeping up to date with developments in technology and regulations.
- Evaluating operational systems and recommending design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
- Using computer-assisted engineering (CAE) and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Top colleges to pursue electronics engineering
IIT Kharagpur, IIT Rorkee, IIT Guhawati, IIT BHU, NIT Trichy, NIT Surathkal, Birla institute of technology, BITS Pilani, Jadavpur university, Amity university, Indian institute of Science, Bangalore.
Top companies recruiting electronics engineer
EMCO limited, Havells India limited, ABB India limited, Bajaj Electricals Ltd, Wipro Lighting Corporate, Balar Marketing Pvt. Ltd, Schnider Electric, Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd., Alstom Corporate.
|Electronics Engineer||Would be responsible for the quality check of components, products and applications by designing, analysing and conducting research of the materials.||Rs 3 Lakh to 4 Lakh|
|Technical Head||Would be responsible for communicating and collaborating with all the employees of the organization to make the decision for the production.||Rs 10 Lakh to 12 Lakh|