Career opportunities in the field of Dairy Technology | What is Dairy Technology? | Scope of Dairy Tech | How to pursue career in dairy Science
What is Dairy Technology?
Dairy technology is the branch of engineering. Dairy Technology is that technology that explores milk & milk products processing. Dairy technology is a division of engineering that deals with the processing of milk and its products. This field involves the use of “Technology” to make the dairy products and processing more advanced, hi-tech and useful.
Dairy technology study involves processing, storage, packaging, distribution and transportation of dairy products by implying the science of bacteriology, nutrition and biochemistry. A person who works to process milk and its products in order to remove harmful toxins without affecting the nutritional value is known as “Dairy Technologist”. The dairy technology is one of the emerging career which generally deals with the overall production and processing of milk and milk based products.
The students who are interested in the dairy science and wants to make their career in this field, then they can pursue a course in dairy tech ranging from diploma to postgraduate degree/PhD. The Dairy Technology courses give you an in-depth knowledge related to the dairy industry.
There are bunch of courses available to pursue dairy technology as a career. There are different universities and colleges in India that offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in dairy tech. Some institutions also offer dairy tech as a vocational subject.
DIPLOMA COURSES IN DAIRY TECHNOLOGY:
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Food and Dairy Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Dairy Science and Technology
UNDER GRADUATE COURSES IN DAIRY TECHNOLOGY:
- B.Tech in Dairy Technology
- B.E. in Dairy Technology
POST GRADUATE COURSES IN DAIRY TECHNOLOGY:
- Dairy Microbiology (M.Tech)
- Dairy Engineering (M.Tech)
- Animal Biochemistry (M.Tech)
- Animal Nutrition (M.Tech)
- Animal Biotechnology (M.Tech)
- Animal Genetics and Breeding
12th Science stream students who have passed their 12th board examination from a recognized board of state & Central Government are eligible to pursue these course. Mathematics is mandatory to peruse there career . Minimum marks criteria exists, but may differ from one University to another. Generally, it is between 40-50% marks in PCM subjects. Also, state level entrance examination marks are also taken into consideration while allotting seats to candidates.
The Dairy Tech focuses on Dairy Microbiology, Dairy Chemistry, Dairy Economics, Animal Biotechnology, Dairy Cattle Physiology, Dairy Cattle Breeding, Dairy Engineering.
UG courses: Candidates should clear Class 12th in Science stream with the minimum required percentage (usually 50% – 60%) as stipulated by a university/ college.
PG courses: Candidates should possess a graduation degree in dairy tech with the minimum required percentage (usually 50% – 60%) as stipulated by a university/ college.
Scope in Dairy Technology
The field of dairy science plays an important role in India’s agriculture-based industry. There is wide scope in the field of dairy technology. The rapid expansion of dairy industry in India has created huge demand for skilled professionals in this field. Therefore, candidates pursuing a course in dairy tech have a lot of scope and career opportunities in this field. Some are given below:
- Dairy Technologist: A dairy technologist is a person who is responsible for developing new and more effective methods of production, preservation, and utilization of dairy products using the principles of physics, chemistry, economics, engineering, and bacteriology.
- Dairy Scientist: A dairy scientist is an agricultural scientist who helps in increasing milk production and streamlining milk processing. The scientist also helps in improving animal welfare and productivity through more efficient means of producing as well as using milk.
- Farm Manager: A farm manager is a person who is responsible for directing and coordinating worker activities such as irrigation, harvesting, grading, payroll, recordkeeping, etc. A farm manager sometimes also contracts with farmers for raising of crops or management of crop production.
- Dairy Nutritionist: A dairy nutritionist is the one who is directly involved with the dietary management of dairy cattle herds. The main aim of a dairy nutritionist is to ensure the maximum production while maintaining overall herd health.
- Microbiologist: A microbiologist is the one who monitors and studies microbes such as bacteria, fungi and viruses by using a variety of analytical and scientific techniques. A microbiologist usually studies organisms that cause disease and environmental damage or are of agricultural or industrial interest.
- Quality Control Officer: A quality control officer’s responsibility is to ensure that dairy products meet the required quality and efficiency standards.
OUR RECENT POSTS
- Genpact Recruitment 2022 | Genpact customer service jobs
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro
- The candidate must know how to work with the principles of various disciplines of science, engineering and economics to develop innovative and refined techniques in manufacturing, preservation and consumption of dairy products.
- Proper knowledge regarding how to onduct experiments to avert microbial growth in milk through handling and processing, improving pasteurization techniques.
- Know how to Conduct experiments to improve production of dairy products.
- Proper knowledge regarding how to specialize according to merchandise or functional doings such as storage difficulties or hygiene research of dairy products.
Top institutes to pursue Dairy Technology
- Anand Agricultural University, Gujarat
- Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Sciences University
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati, A.P
- Karnataka Veterinary, Animal & Fisheries Sciences University
- National dairy research institute, Haryana
- West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University