Career formation and job opportunties in Pharmaceutical Industry |What is Pharmaceutical Industry ? | Career path in pharma industry
What is Pharmaceutical Industry ?
The Pharmaceutical Industry is the industry that develops, produces, and markets drugs or pharmaceuticals licensed for use as medications. The Pharmaceutical Industry is the place where the discovery, development, and manufacture of drugs and medications by public and private organizations takes place. The pharmacy professionals working on drug innovation and research are called pharmaceutical scientists. The modern era of the pharmaceutical industry involves isolation and purification of compounds, chemical synthesis and computer-aided drug design. The pharmaceutical industry is touching great heights in the field of advancement and technology. The continual evolution and advancement of the pharmaceutical industry is fundamental in the control and elimination of diseases around the world.
For more Latest news:- click here
The pharmaceutical industry is probably the biggest employer in this sector across worldwide. The pharmaceutical industry is having an explosive growth. As with a better understanding of the disease and a more patient-centered approach, newer drugs, diagnostics, and lines of research emerged.
Scope in Pharmaceutical Industry
The field of medicine has grown exponentially during the 21st century. The need for prolonging the lifespan of man has urged scientists to make new developments and discoveries in health care, and pharmaceuticals every day. The basic goals of the pharmaceutical market is to discover, develop, produce, the market drugs and equipment that can be used as medication. Even the Indian market is highly fragments, it enjoys a strong global position with a large workforce of qualifies engineers, doctors and scientists who are making great breaking discoveries every day.
join our Facebook Page for more latest news and Job Updates please click here
The Pharmaceutical Sector is growing at a consistent rate in India and abroad and is offering great career opportunities to thousands of students. The students can pursue Diploma program (D.pharma), Bachelor’s degree program (B.Pharma), Master degree program (M.Pharma) and Doctoral level program in the domain of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Keeping in mind the trajectory of growth of the Indian pharmaceutical industry, several investments are being made to sustain and enhance its position in the global market. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is one of the major factors behind the growth of any industry and pharmaceuticals are no different. In order to attract maximum FDI, The Union Cabinet has decided to change the existing FDI policy in the pharmaceutical sector in order to allow FDI up to 100% under the automatic route to manufacture medical devices.
OUR RECENT POSTS
- Genpact Recruitment 2022 | Genpact customer service jobs
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro
Career options in Pharmaceutical industry
- FORENSIC SCIENTIST- Forensic scientist is the one who works with the application of scientific knowledge and methodology to criminal investigations and legal problems. Forensic Science is a multidisciplinary subject, it encompasses various fields of science such as chemistry, biology, physics, geology, psychology, social science, engineering, etc. Forensic science is used every around the world to protect public health, to enforce criminal laws and regulations and to resolve civil disputes.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIRED– B.Sc. in Forensic Science then M.Sc. in Forensic Science or PG Diploma in Forensic Science then Ph.D. in Forensic Science or M.Phill. in Forensic Science
- TOP COLLEGES FOR FORENSIC SCIENCE– FS Indian Education Department, Pune, Institute of Forensic Science, Mumbai, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, St. Xavier’s College (University of Mumbai), Mumbai
2. SALES AND MARKETING– The best people for selling the benefits of a product are often those with the deepest understanding of how it works. They are called as Pharma Marketers. For complex products developed and manufactured using pharmaceutical or chemical science, there is often a need for Sales and Marketing representatives able to talk with authority about the science behind the product. This is a skill many graduates have and for some, sales and marketing can be their next step beyond the lab after working in research and development. It’s the job of pharma marketers to put pharmaceutical products in front of the people that matter. These are usually consumers or drug prescribers.
3. MEDICAL CHEMIST- Medical chemistry is an interdisciplinary science, drawing graduates from a range of different fields. A career in this area usually involves working on the development and testing of potentially therapeutic compounds. This might be within a company that is developing new products, for a research facility exploring new compounds, or at a regulatory agency testing pharmaceuticals for compliance. Pharmaceutical chemists design, develop, analyze and evaluate new and better drugs for the healthcare industry. Many of these chemists begin by earning an undergraduate degree and then complete a master’s degree in which they may specialize in pharmaceutical chemistry. Many of these professionals go on to earn a doctoral degree, which some employers may require.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED- Career in pharmaceutical chemistry requires a bachelor’s degree at the very least. Most professionals have earned a master’s or doctoral degree. Earning a Bachelor of Science in chemistry or chemical engineering is usually the first step. Some schools offer undergraduate programs devoted specifically to pharmaceutical chemistry, but for the most part, that specialization is reserved for higher levels of education. Typical coursework in an undergraduate chemistry program includes classes in physics, biology, advanced mathematics and computer science, as well as organic, inorganic, biomolecular, physical and analytical chemistry.
4. MANUFACTURING AND QUALITY MANAGERS- Manufacturing and quality managers of a pharmaceutical company have salary ranging from $59,323 to $126,849. Manufacturing Managers are involved in production while Quality Managers are essential to ensure the safety and quality of products used by the public. Quality manager in the pharmaceutical industry investigate, ensure standards and resolve issues related to the products. The role requires delivering reports, implementing safety procedures for testing, managing records and ensuring products meet the highest standards.
5. MEDICINES ADVISOR- For graduates with a desire to work in the social advancement field, one career path is to work with an International Non-Governmental Organisation (“INGO”), like the World Health Organisation (“WHO”). With a goal to build a better, healthier future for people all over the world, WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people. WHO National Pharmaceutical Advisers are based in WHO Country Offices, and are a valuable source of specialist pharmaceutical expertise to over 40 countries. They ensure countries have consistent, intensive and long-term support in relation to medicines and health products, and work with Ministries of Health to assess and monitor country pharmaceutical sectors, identify policy priorities and coordinate WHO technical work in the pharmaceutical sector.
Career path after graduation
The admission process for the Pharmacy programs includes a written test. The national level entrance test for admission to the Masters Level Pharmacy programs is GPAT i.e. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. This test is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA) every year for admission in M Pharma Programs.The admission process for the Pharmacy programs includes a written test. The national level entrance test for admission to the Masters Level Pharmacy programs is GPAT i.e. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. This test is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA) every year for admission in M Pharma Programs.
The major areas of study in the Bachelor of Pharmacy programme are Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry, Communication Skills, Biochemistry, Pathophysiology, Computer Applications in Pharmacy, Environmental Science, Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry, Physical Pharmaceutics etc.
The career opportunity in the Pharmaceutical sector is very high and is growing at an exponential rate. The students who pursue the programs in Pharmacy make their career as Drug Control Administrator, Hospital Manager, Trainer, Assistant Professor, Food and Drug Administrator, Health Centre Manager, Drug Dispenser, Pharmaceutical Marketing Representative, Research Manager, Health Inspector, Chemical Analyst, Drug Technician, Drug Therapist, Customs Officer, Pharma Data Analyst, Drug Inspector, Hospital Drug Administrator, Medical Transcriptionist, Insurance Coder, Regulatory Manager etc.
For latest news and Job updates you can Join us on Whatsapp :- click here
Also for latest news and Job updates you can Join us on Telegram also :- Click Here
For More latest News and Job Updates Please Click here