Career after B.Sc Mathematics | Scope in B.Sc Mathematics | Job opportunities after B.SC Mathematics | Courses after B.SC Maths
Scope in B.Sc Mathematics
B.Sc Mathematics is a 3 year undergraduate academic degree course offered to those graduates who have successfully completed a program in mathematics. BSc Mathematics is offered by various colleges and universities off as well as on campuses across the nation. After completing BSc Mathematics, various employment options become available in actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematical modeling, computer sciences, cryptography, etc for the students.
BSc Mathematics course is one of the best courses for those who want to enhance their awareness regarding the Mathematics concepts. The BSc Mathematics syllabus includes Trigonometry, Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential Geometry, Graph Theory, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Differential Equations, Lap Lace, among many others.
Mathematics is one of the most dreaded subjects is also one of the most studied subjects in India and abroad. More and more students are attracted towards this subject or major today. The career options that are available to these students, are too on a rise. This rise is due to the recent rise in the use of technology, requirement of big data bases and economic efficiency by various organizations.
B.Sc Mathematics Eligibility
The minimum eligibility to pursue BSc Mathematics is:
- The students must have completed 10+2 from a recognized educational board with the minimum percentage marks needed. The cut-off marks for admission in this course differ from college to college so the students must cross-check the minimum marks needed before applying for the course.
- The candidates appearing for 10+2 examinations are also eligible to apply, but they need to show their exam report at the time of counseling (with minimum marks required).
- Some institutions conduct their entrance exam for granting admission. After filling in the application form, the candidate will be shortlisted as per the guidelines provided by the college. After the completion of all the selection rounds, the candidate will get the results regarding the admission.
B.SC Mathematics Admission process
|STEP-3||FINAL ADMISSION ROUND|
Admission for B.Sc. Mathematics is generally done on merit- basis. Marks obtained in Class 12th are used for admission in B.Sc. Mathematics in most of the Universities/ Colleges. However, there are some colleges/ universities that conduct their own entrance test for admission like UPCATET.
Moreover, certain states conduct centralised admission processes for admission in B.Sc courses. The candidate needs to register and attend the admission process for admission for the centralised admission process.
OUR RECENT POSTS
- Genpact Recruitment 2022 | Genpact customer service jobs
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro
B.Sc. Mathematics Syllabus
he following are the general topics that are covered in the First Year of B.Sc. Mathematics First year:
- Probability and Statistics
- Analytical Solid Geometry
- Differential Equations
The topics covered in B.Sc. Mathematics Second year is as given below:
- Abstract Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Real Analysis
The topics covered in B.Sc. Mathematics Third year is as given below:
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Programming and its Applications
- Complex Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
Top entrance exams
- OUAT Entrance Exam
- ICAR AIEEA
- IISER Entrance Exam
- Amity University, Noida
- Delhi University
- Punjab university, Chandigarh
- IIT Bombay
- St. Stephens College
Career after B.sc Maths: Higher Studies
- M.SC MATHEMATICS – Candidates who are very much interested in exploring the subject, or those who dream of becoming a teacher someday, would opt for this. Universities all across India offer Master Degree in Mathematics. Out of this, IIT’s, NIT’s, IISER’s and Central Universities are the premium choices.In order to get into these premiere institutes’, candidates will have to clear certain exams. IITs conduct an annual entrance exam called JAM (Joint Admission Test for MSc) for admissions to Post-Graduation programs
- CAREER IN BANKING- The most obvious career option that is available to Math graduates is a career in banking. The career in banking has a wide scope ranging from retails banking to corporate sector banking. The banking sector deals with public and private financial assets and liabilities. Other functions such as mergers, acquisitions, lending, bonds and shares are also handled by this sector. Operations within the banking sector might include jobs like market researcher, being engaged in creating new business opportunities, and developing financial models-solutions to present to clients of the bank. Though a Math degree is adequate, for some roles one might require qualifications in finance too.
- CAREER AS A STATICIAN– One of the most obvious and lucrative career options a Math graduate has is the option of becoming a Statistician. Statistician are the experts in the field of Statistics. They are ones who crunch numbers, interpret data, collect date and analyze it to reach valuable conclusions. Statistician have skills that are required in every field of business today, may it be a research organization or a multinational company. The need to Statistician is also present in field so healthcare and sports. The basic job description of a Statistician is to collect data, analyze and present reports which will add value to business and help managers to make better business decisions. In addition to excellent Math skills, one also needs strong communication skills and an IT skill set.
- CAREER AS A ACTURIAL- This career option has been on the rise in the past few years and has the potential to dominate the career options of various fields. The basic work of an Actuarial is to evaluate the financial risk in order to advice clients on managing their finances. One needs not only a strong inclination towards Math’s, but also Economics and Business, combined with risk analysis to excel as an Actuarial.
- CAREER IN METEROLOGY- Meteorology is a career option that not a lot of Math graduates take up or even think about. If you are the one who want to let the world know what weather it is going to be today, then this is right career path for you. You Math degree is what will help you to score a job in this field. The field is not only centered on weather but it is what goes on behind that matter. Working with large chunks of data, which is changing every minute, which is collected from weather stations, remote sensors, satellite and radars, all over the Earth, is one of the most basic job descriptions of the job.
- CAREER AS C.A- One of the most lucrative options that is out there for Math graduates is becoming a Chartered accountant. However, a degree in Math isn’t enough to become a Chartered accountant. As mentioned before, to become a Chartered accountant, one needs to undergo further training and examination, which will make it possible to gain the skill which are required of the job. An additional degree associated with accountancy might aid your chances of becoming a chartered accountant in the long run.