Merchant Navy Courses, Eligibility, Colleges, Fees & Admission 2021. Merchant Navy can be the best field for those candidates who want to earn big and travelling through oceans for months does not bother you. Merchant navy is a fleet of ships that is responsible for transporting heavy goods from one country to another.
Merchant Navy Courses ; Courses and Fields in Merchant Navy
|B.Tech Marine Engineering||B.Tech Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering|
|B.Tech Harbour & Ocean Engineering||G.P Rating|
|Diploma in Marine Engineering (DME)||Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS)|
|B.B.A. Logistics & Supply Chain Management||Higher National Diploma (Marine Engineering)|
|Marine Engineering under Alternate Training Scheme||BBA Shipping|
|M.B.A. Shipping & Logistics Management||Higher National Diploma (Nautical Science)|
|MBA Shipping Finance||B.E Harbour and Ocean Engineering|
|B.Tech Ship Building||B.E Marine Engineering|
|B.E. Mechanical Engineering||ETO (Electro-Technical Officer)|
|B.Sc Nautical Science||Electro-Technical Officer Course|
- The eligibility for joining merchant navy is finishing class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates have to be unmarried Indian citizens (male or female).
- Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.
- Admission is through an entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.
- After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test.
- You also need to complete a ship-training course prior to the employment. The course is generally short-term where the candidates are taught basic security concerns of voyaging.
To Join As a Deck Officer
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- Diploma in Nautical Science (Leads to a BSc Nautical Science)
To Join As an Engineer
- B.E. Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. Marine Engineering
- B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- B.E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- B.Sc. Marine Catering
- B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electro-Technical Officer Course
How to Join Merchant Navy?
In order to join the merchant navy, you need to fulfil all the basic eligibility criteria set by the officials. The Merchant Navy India offers a wide range of opportunities to potential candidates, which will help them to make a successful career in the mercantile navy. You can join as an electro technician (ETO), engineering cadetships, deck officer, and in the catering department.
Once you complete the basic Merchant Navy course, you can get a job in this field for several posts including – taking cargo ships, tankers, refrigerator ships, a barge carrying ships, container ships, bulk carriers and passenger ships into considerations, etc.
Syllabus for Merchant Navy
Check the list of the most popular subjects:
|Mechanics of Fluids||Voyage Planning and Collision Prevention||Marine Electrical Technology|
|Nautical Physics and Electronics Paper||Electrical Machines||Ship Operation Technology|
|Marine Auxiliary Machine||Principles of Navigation||Marine IC Engineering|
|Shipping Management||Marine Boiler and System Engineering||Maritime Law|
|Naval Architecture||Cargo Machine and Marine Communication||Marine Heat Engines and Air Conditioning|
|Marine Machines and System Design||Environmental Science||STCW and Ship Fire Prevention|
Job Prospects and Career Options Available
Merchant navy fleets consist of container ships, cargo ships, tankers, bulk carriers, barge carrying vessels, passenger ships, refrigerators ships, roll-on/roll-off ships. With so many job opportunities, Merchant Navy can undoubtedly save a thousand souls from staying jobless.
Some companies which run merchant ships include Wallem Ship Management of Hong Kong, Chevron and Mobil of USA, Denholm of UK, Bibby Ship Management, K-Line, d’Amico, etc. Shipping Corporation of India, Essar, Chowgule Shipping and Great Eastern Shipping are some of the popular Indian shipping companies. You can search for vacancies in these companies.
Best Books for Merchant Navy –
Here are some of the most recommended books for Merchant Navy India preparation. These books are suggested by subject experts and previous qualifiers. You can click on the book name to reach the purchase link for the book.
- IMU-CET Exam Full Package
- Merchant Navy Entrance Exam Guide
- GP Rating Entrance Exam Guide
- Join Merchant Navy – Sponsorship Guide
OUR LATEST POSTS
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro
- Internship Jobs l PwC