Diploma and B.Sc in MLT: Eligibility, Admission Process, Fee and Scope. Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) involves the application of technologies in diagnosing and curing diseases. It is also known by different names like Clinical Laboratory Science or Clinical Laboratory Technology or Medical Laboratory Science. In this field of science, all kinds of human fluids, like Blood, Urine, Stool, Sputum, Synovial- fluid, Cerebro-spinal fluid, etc. are put under microscopic examinations, which aid doctors in diagnosing the disease correctly.
To become a Lab Technician, the most popular course students pursue after 12th is a Diploma in Medical Lab Technology (MLT) which helps them to climb the ladder for becoming a Medical Lab Technician. A Diploma degree in MLT can prove an entry point in your quest to become an MLT. But to succeed as an MLT, you need to opt for a Bachelor in MLT course (B.Sc). A B. Sc in MLT will enable you to learn to professional medical technologies such as:
- Treatment of complications in patients by various clinical laboratory tests
BSc MLT Course Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to pursue BSc MLT course must meet up with the following eligibility criteria. The minimum marks required in 12th class may vary from one college to another college.
- The basic eligibility criteria of the BSc MLT course is that the candidates should have qualified their 10+2 in the area of Science with mandatory subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The candidate should pass their 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% or equivalent from the recognized education board.
Diploma and B.Sc in MLT: Entrance-Based Admissions for B.Sc Medical Lab Technology
- After applying for the required entrance test, as per the regulations of the respective colleges, candidates must appear for the entrance test on the stipulated date and time.
- After attempting the exam, the conducting body will release the appropriate merit list containing the name of the candidates along with the scores and ranks.
- Unlike other disciplines, medical institutions depend on counselling processes to offer admissions to the candidates.
- Here, based on the ranks and the scores of the candidates as per the entrance test and the merit lists, each candidate will be asked to appear for the counselling processes conducted by the authorised body.
- At the counselling centre, candidates will be asked to select their preferred course and college.
- The medical college/institution will offer admission to the courses based purely on ranks and scores obtained by the applicants in the entrance test, the course & college chosen and the availability of seats in the preferred choices.
Merit-Based Admissions B.Sc Medical Lab Technology
- After successfully applying for admission to the respective colleges, candidates will be asked to appear for the selection processes as defined by each individual college.
- Prior to the selection process, the medical institutions/colleges will release the appropriate merit lists containing the names of the candidates along with their ranks, which would be calculated based on the previous academic records.
- The medical college/institutions will then call the students for counselling rounds, where each candidate will be able to select the course and college of their choice.
- Depending on the rank of the candidate as per the merit list, their preferred choice of college and course and the availability of seats in the preferred choices, the medical college/institution will offer admission to the candidate.
Diploma and B.Sc in MLT ; Career and Future Scope:
The students who study Medical Lab Technology (MLT) generally are recruited by the top hospitals as Medical Lab Technicians and Technologists. Some leading Pharmaceutical companies can also recruit candidates in this role.
Salary after Studying Diploma/B.Sc in Medical Lab Technology
The general salary package of a medical lab technician generally starts from Rs. 2 lakh per annum and can go up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum. However, the salary package can soar higher than if the candidate gets hired by pharmaceutical companies. The top pharma companies that hire lab technology graduates are, Ranbaxy, Amway, Mankind, Sun Pharma etc.
Top-Ranked Institutions offering MLT course –
- AIIMS (All India Institute Of Medical Science)
- The University of Medical Science, GTB Hospital, New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- Punjab Technical University, Punjab
- Kerala Institute of Medical Science, Thiruvananthapuram
OUR LATEST POSTS
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro
- Internship Jobs l PwC