Career Opportunities In Radiology. A radiographer prepares the radiography report of the patient with the help of x-rays. This gives accurate information about the patient’s illness. A radiographer also studies CT scans, ultrasounds and MRIs in addition to X-rays to prepare radiography reports.
Field of radiology :- Radiology is divided into two fields. One is named Diagnostic Radiology and the other is Interventional Radiology. Diagnostic radiology detects disease and injury with the help of X-rays and other imaging techniques. In interventional radiology, the doctor not only interprets imaging but also performs the work of a surgical procedure to some extent
The demand for trained and professional radiology technologists in the offices of hospitals, clinics and physicians is increasing. In future, there will be a lot of growth in jobs in this field. After completing a degree in this field, you can become a Radiologist, Radiology Technologist / Radiographer, Radiology Technician, Ultrasound Technician / Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, MRI Technician, CT Tech / CAT Scan Technologist / CT Scan Technologist.
Career Opportunities In Radiology ; Qualification For Radiology Course :- If you want to do Radiology Course, then you must be from 10 + 2 PCB subjects. You can do these courses from anyone in private and government institutions.
Skills For Radiography Career :- To make a career in radiology, you need to have knowledge of Hindi and English language, hardworking and patient. Apart from this, you have good communication skills, ability to work in any shift day and night, operation and maintenance of testing equipment and patients have to take care of protection from x ray rays while performing the test.
Radiography Course :-
To pursue a career in Radiography one can take diploma to degree courses in Radiology. Nowadays Radiology courses are being conducted in many colleges. You can make a career in this field by taking a radiology course from any good college. Diploma in Radiology is a two year course. The duration of B.Sc. in radiology is 3 years and Bachelor in Radiology course is 4 years. The fees of these courses can range from 40 thousand to 1 lakh per year. If you do this course from government college, then it will cost much less.
The courses offered in radiology are mentioned below:
- Certificate in Radiography
- Certificate in Radiology Assistant
- Certificate in Radiography Diagnostic
Diploma Courses – 2 years
- Diploma in Radiography and Radiotherapy
- Diploma in Radio-diagnostic Technology
Bachelor’s Courses – 3 years
- B.Sc in Radiography
- B.Sc (Hons.) in Medical Radiotherapy Technology
Master’s Courses – 2 years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radiotherapy Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio-diagnosis and Imaging Sciences
- Post Graduate Diploma in X-ray Radiography and Ultra-sonography
Top colleges of India offers medical education in radiology are listed here:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS 2021)
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (AFMC 2021)
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry (JIPMER 2021)
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
OUR LATEST POSTS
- COWI Recruitment 2021 for Engineering Trainee | Check out here
- Central government withdraws decision to reduce interest rates on small savings | Check out here
- Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2021 : Recruitment for 511 posts | know details here
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 : Notification Out For Skilled/ Semi Skilled/ Unskilled Manpower Posts; Check out Here
- Career opportunities in Banking | Check out here