Career in Mass Communication Courses ; Colleges ,scope, career prospects. This course is a course related to Media and Film Production. In this course you are taught about journalism and video production. During this course information about TV journalism such as anchoring, news reporting, camera and lighting, content writing, video editing, news reporting and writing, anchoring, etc. are given.
Mass Communication is the study of how the information related to entities and individual, communicate or transfers to the entire world at the same time. The information is generally disseminated using the newspapers, books, magazines, websites, blogs, radio, film and television. Mass communication is actually, communicating those information that is not known to people around the globe, and thus to make information available to everyone, by using the latest technological platform, in the form of blogs, websites, and television.
|Name of the Mass Communication Course
|Type of Course
|Diploma Course in Development Journalism
|Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
|BA in Journalism
|BA Hons Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC)
|Diploma in Media Studies
|BA Hons Multi-Media & Mass Communication (BMMMC)
|Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
|BA Hons in Hindi Journalism & Mass Communication (BHJMC)
|B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication
|M.A in Journalism and Mass Communication
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Journalism & Corporate Communication (DBJCC)
|P.G. Certificate Course in Hindi Journalism
|P.G. Diploma in Hindi Journalism
|PhD in Mass Communication
Eligibility and Admission
- The candidate who is looking for a career in mass communication, must pass their senior secondary examination and have good communication skills.
- The admission to the various courses on done on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examinations.
- Minimum eligibility for bachelor degree in journalism is 10+2 and for postgraduate degree courses, you must hold a bachelor degree in journalism or relevant field.
- Some universities and college admit students on the basis of marks in class 12th followed by interview.
Skills for Graduates with a Master’s in Media and Mass Communications
Below is a list of skills students can expect to gain or build on through their studies in a master’s in mass communication program:
|Advanced oral and written presentation
|Teamwork and collaboration
|Writing and editing
|Journalism and reporting
|Research and data analysis
|Digital and social media
|Mass media content creation
|Qualitative and quantitative research method
|Critical thinking and adaptability
|Visual and graphic communication
Mass Communication Course Fee
The fee of Mass Communication courses from government colleges will be lesser than that of the private colleges. The Mass Communication fees will also vary from course to course. If your course comprises multimedia education as well then it will probably cost you more than the core mass communication and journalism courses.
The fees of government colleges will vary from Rs. 11,659 to Rs. 1,10,000 for the entire course. However, fees for mass communication courses offered by private universities will vary from Rs. 2.5 to Rs. 3.5 lakh for the entire course.
Career in Mass Communication ; Top Mass Communication colleges in India
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
- AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication, Bhopal
- Xavier Institute of Communication (XIC), Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
Job prospects after completing a Journalism / Mass Communication Degree:
Mass Communication is a fast-growing field with ample job opportunities in public relations, newspaper, radio, television, publishing houses, advertising agencies, government organizations and many other sectors. There are various job profiles available for Mass Communication professionals such as Journalist, Reporters, Fashion Photographer, News Broadcaster, Film Director, Radio Jockey, Editor, Sub-Editor, Public Relations Officer, Critic, Columnist, Freelancer, Advertising Sales Agent, Web Editor, Media Consultant, etc.
Whereas candidates passing out from IIMC, MCRC Jamia, Symbiosis College and many other institutes receive attractive placement after their courses and handsome salaries, students from not-so-well- known institutes have to work hard to get placed. Starting salary for a mass communication professional could be between Rs 12,000 and 25,000. After 5 Years of work experience a professional can expect higher salary in the range of Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,00,000 per month.
OUR LATEST POSTS
- Genpact Recruitment 2022 | Genpact customer service jobs
- Recruitment of RTA Analyst l PhonePe
- Recruitment of Associate Technical Support l Salesforce
- Recruitment of Internship for Customer Service| OnePlus
- Recruitment of Analyst Programmer l Wipro