Career in BDS(Bachelor of Dental Surgery) ; What is BDS , Full Form, Course Details, Duration, Fees, Eligibility. BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) is a 5-years undergraduate program and the only approved professional dental course in India. It is a compulsory course for the students aspiring to work as dentists at government or private hospitals. BDS is one of the most popular medical courses after MBBS in India.
This course (BDS) mainly focuses on training and introducing the students to the dental sciences and surgeries. The 5-year program involves 4 years of classroom education and 1 year of compulsory internship program. In this course , student are taught about the denture , dental problems & surgery.
BDS Course Details
|Full Form||Bachelor of Dental Science|
|Duration||Course Duration of Bachelor of Dental Science [BDS] is 5 Years.|
|Age||Minimum age limit is 17 years|
|Minimum Percentage||It is open for students who have qualified Higher Secondary Examination with a minimum of 50% marks|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 50,000 – 4 lakhs per annum|
|Similar Options of Study||MBBS, BHMS, BAMS, BUMS|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.05 lakhs per annum|
|Employment Roles||General Dentist, Associate Dentist, Pediatric Dentist, Dentistry Researcher, Assistant Researcher etc.|
|Placement Opportunities||Private and Government Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Dental Research Centres, Private Practice etc.|
The scope of employment and a large number of jobs for a Bachelor of Dental Science in this sector are rising. The most sought-after medical course, after MBBS is the Bachelor of Dental Science [BDS].
In India, there are many dental colleges providing BDS course. At least 292 colleges offer BDS course across India . Top BDS colleges and universities in India offering the BDS course include:
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal
- University School of Management Studies, New Delhi
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, etc.
- Dental College & Hospital, Aurangabad
- Dental College & Hospital, Mumbai
- Dental College, Gujarat
- Government Dental College & Research Institute, Bengaluru
- Amrita College of Dentistry, Kerala
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
Career in BDS ; Career & Jobs
There are many jobs in the field of BDS . After completing the BDS , students have more scope of getting job. A BDS graduate may go for the PG degree MDS (Master of Dental Surgery). MDS is the advanced degree in dentistry field and allows the candidates to specialize in any of its discipline. Teaching career is also open for BDS graduates. Those interested in teaching can acquire teaching jobs in any of the top Dental Colleges. They are eligible to hold positions as professors or even HOD and even get promoted to Dean.
BDS Fees in India:
BDS course fees may vary from different institutions with respect to college/university standards. The average BDS course fee is INR 50,000 to 4 Lakh per annum.
BDS Salary in India:
The average BDS salary is INR 3.05 Lakh per annum. This salary paid varies based on the sector of employment of the aspirant as well as his or her dedication.
OUR LATEST POSTS
- COWI Recruitment 2021 for Engineering Trainee | Check out here
- Central government withdraws decision to reduce interest rates on small savings | Check out here
- Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2021 : Recruitment for 511 posts | know details here
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 : Notification Out For Skilled/ Semi Skilled/ Unskilled Manpower Posts; Check out Here
- Career opportunities in Banking | Check out here