Bachelor of Science Nutrition Course Details – Admissions, Eligibility, Duration and Course Fees. Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and is an undergraduate full-time course in nutrition and dietetics. The course is generally of 3-years duration. It is generally taken up by bioscience students. It covers the topics in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics Science and teaches its students how to prepare a proper diet for people, food management, components of a balanced diet, eating habits, and Lifestyle management, among others.
B.Sc Nutrition Course Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Duration||Course Duration of Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Nutrition and Dietetics) is 3 Years.|
|Age||Maximum 25 Years|
|Minimum Percentage||50% in 10+2 with Biology as one of Subjects|
|Subjects Required||Biology, Botany, Chemistry|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 50K to 2.5 L per Annum|
|Similar Options of Study||B.Sc Biotechnology, B.Sc Botany, B.Sc Biochemistry etc.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 2- 7L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Nutrition, Dietitian, Food Quality manager, etc.|
|Placement Opportunities||Godrej Foods, ITC, CPWD, Government Hospitals|
- The BSc in Nutrition and Food Science degree will give students a diverse education covering the fundamentals of nutritional science as well as food manufacturing, preservation, storage, and distribution
- Students will learn how biology, behaviour, physiology, and other applied sciences play a role in nutrition and food science
- This degree prepares students for a range of careers in the public and private sectors, from nutrition-lifestyle management to food quality assurance.
- This degree also allows students to pursue a specialization in either Dietetics or Food Science and Technology
Course Fees in India:
The average annual fee for completing this course ranges from INR 50,000- INR 2.5 Lakhs per annum. The yearly Annual fees range from as low as INR 10,000 to as high as INR 1,00,000.
Eligibility criteria for admission to BSc Nutrition and Dietetics courses are discussed below:
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Some colleges and universities also accept any one of Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, or Biochemistry in place of Biology at the 10+2 level.
- The candidates should complete 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks, but some very good colleges also demand a higher percentage.
- There are different types of age restrictions followed by different colleges. Some grant admission only to those students who passed 10+2 within the last two academic years, while some colleges grant admission up to 25 years of age.
- For confirming the eligibility criterion of an individual college, the candidate should check the respective college website.
OUR LATEST POSTS
- ‘हम ऑक्सीजन बेड बढ़ा रहे हैं … तीसरे कोविड लहर की तैयारी करनी चाहिए’: सीएम केजरीवाल
- Reliance Industries Off Campus Drive Hiring Freshers For Graduate Engineer Trainee Position | Apply Now
- लोग इस शख्स को कहते हैं महापुरुष और भगवान, दिल जीतने वाला है इनका काम
- लालू यादव ने राजद विधायकों के साथ बैठक की, बिहार में कोविड की स्थिति की समीक्षा की
- Cognizant 2021 के लिए 28,000 फ्रेशर्स को करेगी हायर