B.Tech Mining Engineering:- Mining engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the identification, extraction, production and processing of valuable minerals from a naturally occurring environment. It is an essential field of engineering as it contributes directly to the economy of the nation. Apart from extracting natural resources, this branch also deals with various mining laws. Students are taught the mining legislation for awareness in this field for their entire Development.
Overview of Mining Engineering Course Details
|Duration||04 years ,depends upon course type|
|Eligibility||The aspirant must have cleared 10th standard|
|Fees paid||INR 50K-2 lakh|
|Salary Offered||About 5-6 Lakhs per annum|
|Job opportunities||Junior Mining Engineer, Assistant Mining Operator, Technical Consultant|
|Type of Course||Certification, Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate course|
|Admission Procedure||Merit/ performance-based|
|Skills Required||Creativity to create unique methods|
Eligibility & Courses
Mining Engineering courses are available at various levels that include:-
- Diploma Courses in Mining and Mine Surveying Engineering – 3 years course
Eligibility Criteria – Qualifying examination should be 10th/equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks.
- B.E./B.Tech in Mining Engineering – 4 Years course
Eligibility Criteria – Minimum educational qualification of 10+2 from the recognized educational board with at least 50% marks passed with PCM as the compulsory subjects.
- ME/ M.Tech in Mining Engineering – 2 Years course
Eligibility Criteria – After completion of B.E/B.Tech in the relevant discipline, you are eligible for PG courses.
List of Colleges Offering Mining Engineering Course
- Indian Institute of Technology at Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Raipur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Government Engineering College, Gujarat, etc
B.Tech. Mining Engineering Job Profile
- Assistant Mining Engineer
- Mining Engineering Technician
- Mining Engineer/Mine Planner
- Deputy Chief Mechanical
- Executive/Assistant Manager
- Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager
- Technical Consultant
- Research Engineer
Mining Engineering Course Fee
The fee for the course depends upon various factors like the type of institute, the popularity/ranking of the institute, merit, and the scholarship earned by the student. The fee for the government institutes is much lower as compared to any private institutes. And merit-based admissions also have a lower fee. But the average course fee is between 50K-5 lakhs.
Salary & Payscale
As compared to other professions, mining engineers earns the more remuneration in India. They will get the lucrative pay in the field of mining engineering. In India, they will receive an average salary of 6 to 8 lacs per year. Your salary will also depends on your skills and experienceengi, location and the organization you are working for. In US, the mean yearly salary of mining engineers is $90,070.
OUR LATEST POSTS
- Internship Jobs l PwC
- Recruitment of Associate Analyst l Deloitte
- EXL Recruitment 2022 | Vacancy in Global Analytics and Digital Solutions Corporation
- Hiring ML Data Associate for Amazon | Vacancy in Amazon
- AAI Recruitment 2022 Apply Online | Vacancy in Airports Authority of India