National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) | All about NATS for engineering students | NATS eligibility
All about NATS for engineering students
WHAT IS NATS ?– National Apprenticeship Training Scheme(NATS) is instituted by Board of Apprenticeship Training/Practical Training, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is a National Scheme for providing skill training to Fresh Graduates, Diploma Holders in Engineering and Technology and +2 Vocational pass outs.
National Apprenticeship Training Scheme grants an opportunity for candidates to get qualified in some of the best companies in the Central, State and Private Sectors. Students who have qualified graduation in engineering or diploma in engineering are eligible to apply for Apprenticeship Training. It is a National Scheme for granting skill practice to newly qualified graduates and Diploma holders in Engineering and Technology.
- MORE ABOUT NATS: It is a 1 year programme equipping technically qualified youth with practical knowledge and skills required in their field of work.
- The Apprentices are imparted training by the organizations at their place of work. Trained managers with well developed training modules ensure that Apprentices learn the job quickly and completely.
- During the period of Apprenticeship, the apprentices are paid a stipend amount, 50% of which is reimbursable to the employer from Government of India.
- At the end of the training period, the Apprentices are issued a Certificate of Proficiency by the Government of India which can be registered at all employment exchanges across India as valid employment experience.
- The apprentices are placed for training at Central,State and Private organizations which have excellent training facilities.
- join our Facebook Page for more latest news and Job Updates please click here
Eligibility criteria for NATS
Eligibility criteria the National Apprentice Training Scheme are:
The candidate should a Diploma holder or B.E Graduate. He/She should be a person who have not got any work experience. Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Candidate should be a permanent resident of the state, from where he/she has pursued or pursuing his/her graduation or diploma course.
To register for the National Apprentice Training a student has register in the NATS Portal National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS)
After enrolling the student will get the Student ID and the student will be listed in the NATS Portal (after approval by the NATS Officers).
Then you may approach the Company for the Training or the Company may approach you.
How to apply for NATS ?
- Go to the official website (www.mhrdnats.gov.in)
- Click on Students section
- Candidates can view the option to apply for Apprentice training and click on it
- Check with the eligibility criteria first
- Keep the required documents ready
- Go through the questionnaire and guidelines provided in the next section
- Fill the enrollment form with the mandatory details
- Preview and confirm the details.
- Submit the application form
- Keep a copy for future reference